Monday, September 8, 2014

Stubborn Itinerary


-Gopal Birahi

How much to hang on Society, the world? At a time when I had been counseling the others not to travel that way in rain, I myself was running. I recently had to travel a place called Guintar, Jugedi, on this side of Narayanghat, Nepal. At a very first blush, the handsome riverside magnetized me. That was already a late evening. Sleeping around for us for that night was arranged in a local house. Another day, in a perfect dawn, all boys were in their own spirit. I went to the riverside and saw the indigo, walked ashore. Pleasant!!! Always, as a commuter, I saw those rivers, riverbanks. Today I am walking this much close, feeling it. This feeling was appealing to my soul. Have a good time!!! After lunch, at about 2 O'clock, one of my partners had it, "Let's go and bath." Me so took him another shore, which I had missed yesterday. We both took baths. The river was dark, we bathed ashore. There were fishermen-boats. Afterward we saw them sailing their trawlers. I offered my partner, "Let's wander far away." But he turned, bidding, he has work. Workaholic!!! And I pondered of roaming singly and started going on, long. At distant, workmen were cracking stones. Trolling webs were being drained passim. After reaching extremely away, at last gasp, I roosted on a roomy stone. What a new heart of stone!!! There was an apple in my bag. I ate. A fisherman came towards me and uttered something. I answered I had been hanging out. And it happened that, I, being knackered, flaked out in tracks, on the same sizeable stone. Phew!!! It was already 4 pm when I woke up. Alas!!! How can I forget that sleep on a rock for that long??? Money in my bag was exact. Bolshevism!!! Then I returned back to share of all stories to my partners. In reality, how much enjoyments would have been in life if maximum of such free moments were there??? Far away from 'society', private possessions, brutalities!!!
----

No comments: